- A clock kit (i bought this one, but it’s pretty cheap and crappy and protrudes a lot in the back)
- Wood clock base
- Acrylic paint of your choice
- Painters tape
not pictured :
- A small paint brush
- A pencil
- sSand paper
- Anything with a circular shape to trace around
- Step 1: Sand your clock to get a smooth texture. then tape off half the wood with your painters tape and burnish it by smoothing with your nails.
- Step 2: Using anything that has a round shape and is smaller than your clock, trace around the shape for a semi – circle (i used an old trash bin that was sized just right)
- Step 3: Mix your paint with a bunch of water so it’s more of a wash rather than a thick layer of paint. i would have preferred my paint to look thinner than it does actually.
- Step 4: paint the center and then carefully free hand around your circular shape. make sure you dont have much paint on the brush when you do the edges or it’ll bleed.
- Step 5: once your paint is dry, slowly remove the tape and assemble your clock kit as instructed.
wouldn’t these make great holiday gifts?!