If you have never made a circular spiral card, make that first as a warm-up.
How to make a Double Heart Pop-up Card
- Download cutting files: PDF, SVG, Silhouette Studio, DXF.
- Cut out the two heart spirals.
- Place them with the spirals going in opposite directions: the hearts flipped both horizontally and vertically from each other.
- See those yellow lines? They are highlighting the beginning of the cut on each heart. One cut heads toward the top left, the other toward the bottom right.
- Score and crease each spiral at the bottom of the heart.
- Slot the hearts together. (You can also omit the slots on the center hearts and just glue the centers together, one right on top of the other.)
- Be sure the hearts can collapse flat. If not, switch how you have the hearts slotted together.
- Spread glue on just the outside heart of one spiral (pink).
- Place the heart, glue side down, at a 90° angle to the center crease of the card.
- For the sample I placed the point of the heart about 1″ from the crease but I think this stretches the spiral out a little too much. I’d say somewhere between 1/2″ and 3/4″ would be better.
- Spread glue on the outermost heart of the other spiral (purple). Check to make sure the hearts are still lined up exactly on top of each other, then close the card to glue it all together.
This one’s better – the points are a little closer to the center fold of the card.