Welcome to Day 3 of my mini series for Valentine’s Day!
For today’s card, I’m featuring Stampin’ Up!’s Sophisticated Serifs Photopolymer Stamp Set.
It seems that the waterfall card was all the rage … about 5 years ago. I’ve never actually made one, so I’m pretty excited. This card uses the same measurements and layout of the card featured in the video.
I originally purchased this set to do some monogram cards for one of my friends, but I wanted to find another way to use the set. I’ve seen a few baby block type waterfall cards, so why not a Love block type waterfall card?
To create this card, you will need: (all measurements provided in inches)
- Card base in Real Red (5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4)
- Piece of Whisper White (4 x 5 1/4)
- Piece of DSP from the Stacked With Love Designer Series Paper Stack (3 3/4 x 5)
- Piece of Real Red card stock (8 x 1 1/2, scored at 1 1/2, 2 1/4, 3, 3 3/4)
- Piece of Real Red card stock (4 x 3/4)
- Scrap piece of Whisper White for punching (Four postage stamps, one circle, and two confetti hearts)
- Four pieces of Real Red card stock (1 1/2 x 1 1/2)
- Use the word window punch to punch window in DSP in the lower right hand corner.
- Add DSP to Whisper White card stock.
- Stamp “I HEART YOU” sentiment in Real Red ink. Set aside.
- Use Postage stamp punch to punch out four stamps.
- Stamp L, O, V, E in Real Red ink on separately on each postage stamp punch.
- Layer each postage stamp on small squares.
- Add waterfall piece to band as shown in the video.
- Glue each square just below each score line working from the bottom or the E.
- Use brads to attach to DSP/Whisper White base.
- Attach to card base.
- Complete tail by attaching white circle folded in half, punch a hole, and add ribbon.
- Use glue dots to add two matching hearts to cover brads to finish card.